Monday, February 11, 2008

Daily update number 1

I think that this is actually going to be the final part of chapter 1. Of course as previously stated this is an un-revised 1st draft so who knows what will happen in the final draft. Anyway I promised daily updates and here I have delivered! The first of many! See you all againg tomorrow!

Previous... http://the-writings-of-lady-laughalot.blogspot.com/2008/02/post-apocolyptic-fantasy.html

“That can’t be everything!”
“I’m sure he’d tell us more if he could Kyte.” Angus said quietly
“There isn’t any more to tell.”
Angus and Kyte both just looked at him silently, their looks more expressive than any word.
“Alright, I know your not stupid. There is more to it but I can’t tell you, you know I could be court marshalled if I went against orders like that.”
“You can tell us!” Kyte insisted at the same time as Angus re-assured him, “We understand Jake”
“Look, I would love to tell you guys everything. You know I would. I just can’t guys.”
“It’s okay Jake, we know. We trust you.” Angus said with a significant look to Kyte.
The look was supposed to silence their outspoken friend, but if there was anything on this earth that could silence Kyte when he had something to say, then neither Jacob nor Angus had yet met with it.
“If you get us killed I will come back and haunt you.”
Jacob smiled in spite of himself, “I know mate, and if you get yourself killed, you’ll come back and haunt me anyway right.”
Kyte grinned in return “Right”
“I’ll keep that in mind”

After the two men had left Jacob lay down on his bed and tried to sleep. In the morning they would leave for Vatican city and if all went well they would be back on board the ship by this time tomorrow night. The pope and all the most important works of the city on board and heading back home to Melbourne. As much as he tried to think positively Jacob found himself very aware that the success of the plan was so heavily reliant on “all being well”. He didn’t want to think about what might happen if all did not go well.

Next ... http://the-writings-of-lady-laughalot.blogspot.com/2008/02/daily-update-2.html

No comments: